Our Aims & Objectives...
• To enhance the development and communication skills of all children in a parent involving community based group.
• To provide a safe, caring, secure and stimulating environment.
• To work within a framework which ensures equality of opportunity for all children and families.
Cheeky Chimps After School Club will:
• Provide a safe, stimulating environment for your children to play in.
• Ensure children are at the centre of the whole process (come first).
• Maintain a happy and friendly place for children to explore, experiment and socialise.
We offer your child:
• A specially tailored curriculum leading to approved learning outcomes whilst in preschool (Within the Ofsted guidelines and the EYFS goals):
• A safe, secure and stimulating environment to learn and play in,
• Fun and friendship with children and adults that are not part of a family group
• Opportunities for you and your family to be directly involved in the activities of the group and in your own child’s progress
• Individual care and attention made possible by the high ratio of adults to children.
These ratios are:
• Children under 3 years - 1 adult to 4 children
• Children 3 to 8 years - 1 adult to 6 children
After School Club:
• Children 3 to 8 years - 1 adult to 8 children
• Children over 8 years - 1 adult to 10 children
...The national legal requirement is 1:4 for children under 3 years and 1:8 for children over 3 years. Our aim at Cheeky Chimps is to have a higher ratio of staff to children to provide a better quality of care. The national limit for reception aged children and above for after school clubs is 1:30!!
Further reading: DEPT OF EDUCATION: EARLY YEARS:
Communication, Language & Literacy:
• Section: 4.4 Areas of Learning & development
Caroline Wills - Manager
Fundraising: Up and coming events....
School Readiness Meeting
Thursday 14th April @ 5.30pm
Cheeky Chimps Pre-School
THE NEXT Committee meeting...
Venue: Cheeky Chimps, call 01458 210000 for details
All welcome. Please come along, share your ideas & show your support.